Position: Full-time Campaign Assistant, Oxfordshire Conservatives
Oxfordshire Conservative Group is looking to appoint a full time Campaign Assistant.
A successful Campaign Assistant will be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide range of competing challenges. Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done, frontline campaigning role with some support administration.
The varied role of our Campaign Assistant includes supporting and organising the following:
- Developing an on-going programme of incumbency activities with our local MPs
- Recruiting volunteers and building campaign teams & activist networks
- Driving an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Delivering training to activists in coordination with the Agent & CCHQ as required
- Co-ordinating a comprehensive fundraising programme with associations and the Agent
- Helping with all aspects of producing local Party literature and building delivery networks
- Maintaining and expanding our presence on multiple social media platforms
- Executing a full ‘get out the vote’ operation on polling day in coordination with associations and the Agent
- Attending Management, Campaign, Group and Executive meetings to report progress
- Assisting with administration for other areas of the group as needed
- Be a self-starter
- Be well organised, professional and punctual
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
- Be able to work as part of a team and on your own as needed
- Driving licence & access to a vehicle
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience and expenses. The Campaign Assistant will report directly to the Agent. Full training in all aspects of campaigning and required administration will be given.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 25th November 2022
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews soon after closing date. Start date January 2023
Salary: £22,000 – £27,000 dependent on experience
Contact: Fixed term till end of June 2023. Opportunity for a permanent contact beyond this.
Application Details: If you have the skills required to succeed in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter setting out why you would like this position to Nathan Boyd at email@example.com